Happy hump day loves! Thank you for stopping by. If you missed my first post of the deployment series, check it out here! It chats about ways to stay connected with your loved one while they are away.
This next post is a fun one! I can’t really depend on frequent communication when my loved one is at sea, so before he leaves I love to send him off with a care package. Here are a couple things I love to add to give you some inspiration. I hope you enjoy!
- Favorite Snacks: Chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate. I also include some protein (beef jerky) and healthy granola bars (RX bars and Nature Valley are our faves) to equal out all the chocolate.
- Book: As I mentioned in my first post, I include the same book I plan to read while he is away. Our pick this time is: Faith Forward Future by Chad Veach. If it is a long deployment, maybe include a few books. 🙂
- Holiday Cards: I also include any holiday cards he will be missing. Make sure write “open on Christmas, Valentines day etc…” on the envelope.
- Pictures: I’m including pictures of our little one because I know he will be missing her. I like to dress her up in corresponding holiday outfits.
- Encouraging Letters: In addition to holiday cards, I like to include a few longer letters to open when your LO has had a rough day or is missing home to lift up his spirits.
- 642 Things About You (That I Love): This item is just something fun to add. I found this book at target that includes random questions and inside jokes. I know he will enjoy reading after a long day of work.
(Photo by: Jonathan Ivy Photography )